Monthly Archives: October 2011
- since so many people were away on Thursday, you can do one of the three workoputs from Thursday, or you can try this one:
- 50 Squats
- 40 Rows (pull ups, inverted rows, barbell row, or lat pull downs; or 40 hard pulls on rowing machine)
- 30 kettlebell Swings
- 20 Push Jerks 65lbs
- 100 Squats
- 20 Push Jerks 65 lbs
- 30 Kettlbell Swings
- 40 Pullups (something different than first set of 40)
- 50 Squats
WOD OPTION #1: Partner Action
- 3 Minutes of thrusters 65/35lbs (or as heavy as you can handle)
- 3 Minutes of hand release pushups
- 3 Minutes of Air squats (full squats – get good at these)
- 3 Minutes of Partner wheelbarrow walk (figure it out)
- 3 Minutes of jumping lunges (in place)
*For the thrusters, the bar cannot touch the ground for the whole 3 minutes, 10 burpee penalty if bar is dropped. One partner works at a time.
WOD OPTION #2:
As many rounds as possible in 8 minutes:
10 True Push Ups (full range)
10 Supine Ring Pull Ups (like an inverted row; or do pull ups)
10 Toes To Bar (or version if you can’t so Toes to Bar)
WOD #3: taken from www.crossfit.com
Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
3 Wall climbs
5 Parallette pass-throughs (forward + back = 1)
10 Grasshoppers (right + left = 1)
For the wall climbs, toes and chest touch the ground to toes and chest touch the wall. For the up-downs, thighs touch the ground then stand up fully. For the pass-throughs, the hips open at the front and back. For the grasshoppers, the shin contacts the opposite forearm.
photo taken from: www.crossfit.com
Yup, uh-huh! Any moolah!?
- 2mins shoulder and lat mobility
- 10 walking lunges – 5 per leg
- 10 wall ball shots
- 10 shoulder press w/an empty bar
- set #1: 5 reps # 85%
- set #2: 3 reps # 90%
- set #3: 1 rep # 95%
50 Double unders or 200 singles
40 unanchored abmat situps
30 wall ball shots (20/14)
20 weighted walking lunges (45/25)
50 DU or 200 singles
T-shirt and Hoodie money!!
DON’T FORGET WE NEED TO ORDER HOODIES AT END OF DAY TODAY!
- VOLLEYBALL with Mr. Bell’s class!
- at end of class you must put 2000 lbs overhead
- you must do 5 pull ups
- you must do 25 sit ups
- I am trying to line up similar situation with other teachers
T-shirt Money/Hoodie Deposits!!
No deep thinking today. No ruminations, reflections, predictions, rallying war cries.
Just feel the weight.
Go into the gym, load up that barbell and . . . really feel what you’re doing. The cold steel, the hard sole of your lifting shoes, the way your body reacts to the stress of the weight, the way the burden settles onto you and presses down but still you hold steady. Listen to the bounce of the bumpers against the floor. See the chalk particles drift through the air.
Tune out the noise of life and tune into what your body is capable of doing.
Taken from CrossFit Lisbeth (crossfitlisbeth.com)
- Okay, please look at the following pcitures of the hoodie we will be ordering.
set #1: 5 reps @ 85%
set #2: 3 reps @ 90%
set #3: 1 rep @ 95% (remember – you can push out more on the last set if possible)
5 Cleans 155/105#
9 Kettlebell Swings 53/35#
Thanks for your patience with the Coach on Friday!
T-shirt and Hoodie money!!
Do your own thing as per your plan!
Just bring me some money!!!
- For time. Using a 45 or 35 lb bar only complete the following WITHOUT putting the bar down or letting it touch the floor…ever. If it does you must perform 5 PULL-UPS.
- 100 Push Press
90 Back Squats
80 Sumo Dead Lift High Pulls
70 Floor Wipers (total)
60 Overhead Walking Lunges
50 Floor Presses (Bench press while laying on back on floor)
40 Over Head Squats
30 Hang Power Cleans
10 Snatch Balances
- work on one of your GOATs (something you suck at or hate to do!)
Yup….. T-shirt money!!
- I can order zip hoodies in BLACK with large CrossFit CPHS logo on back; CPHS in gold on front
- They are $56.50 (cheaper than American Apparel un-logo’d in store)
- They fit true to size, but are athletic (tight) fit, so read the following info from girl at Re-Evolve
- Sizing is unisex, and the sweaters are pretty true to size. I wear a small and I’m 5’5″ and 130#, my partner Jake wears a medium and is 5’10” and 165#. My brother wears an XL and he is 6’2″ and 190#.
What I would suggest for sizing:-tell both girls/guys that they fit true to size and are FITTED (not baggy)-for guys – if they don’t want them to be fitted, order a size up-for guys – if they are tall, order a size up
If seriously interested, get $ (even $20 for deposit) to me ASAP.
- Squats 3 @ 80%; 3 @ 85%, 3 @ 90%
- Shoulder Press 3 @ 80%, 3 @ 85%, 3 @ 90%
WOD: For time (start this workout in waves)
Row 400 m then:
5 rounds of
8 Ring Dips (or regular dips)
10 Goblet Squats with KB (24/16)
12 Kettle Bell Snatches (total) (24/16)
Finisher: 30 hollow rocks
t-shirt money, I beg you!
In pairs of two, complete the following chipper
40 Push/Split Jerks (use at least 115 pounds/55 pounds)
100 m Partner Carry ( you carry partner to sidewalk, switch); OR, waiter’s walk
500 skip ropes
40 SDHP (use at least 75 pounds)
5 sets of main hallway stairs (each partner does this)
* For the push/split jerks, the bar cannot touch the ground, one partner works at a time then passes the bar off to the other partner. 10 burpee penalty if bar is dropped. Burpees are partner hop burpees. For the situps, one partner stands on the others feet, you must high five your partner at the top of the situp for each rep to count. The partner carrys can be broken up so that one partner carries the other to the sidewalk on lake Avenue and you may switch there for the way back. You may help your partner stand up for the pistols as well. Choose an appropriate weight and have fun!