Monthly Archives: December 2011
- Have a terrific holiday!
- Enjoy your family, friends and time away from school.
- Remember to get plenty of rest – but do your best to get some daily activity.
- It’s okay to indulge in holiday food and drink, but do your best to keep everything in moderation!
- Depending on what you are feeling, you can eith er workout or join the other classes in whatever activity they are doing.
- If you want a workout:
-10 burpee pullups
-15 Sumo DL high pull (95#)
-10 weighted lunges (45# plate)
The above WOD was suggested by Andrew Slater (Slates), our super stud grad in Squamish. He completed 5 and 1/4 rounds in the 20 minutes!
The Spice Must Flow
10x Push-press (1/2 bw)
15x Hang power clean (3/4 bw)
20x Back squats (bw)
25x Deadlift (1.5x bw)
25x Box jumps (24 inch)
Row (2x your age in calories)
- Okay, team, today is going to be a fun workout done with a partner.
- It is done in conjunction with the song, “The 12 Days of Christmas”
- so, 1st Day: 1 Power Clean; 2nd Day: 2 Dips and 1 Power Clean; 3rd Day: 3 Burpees; 2 Dips and 1 Power Clean; and so forth
1 Power Clean with at least 95 lbs for lads and 65 lbs for ladies
4 Jumping Pull-ups
5 Knees up
7 Air Squats
8 Bench Press with at least 65 lbs for lads; 45 lbs for ladies
9 Box Jumps
10 Wall Balls (go to full height on wall and squat depth)
11 Kettle Bell Swings at least 24 kg for lads; 16 kg for ladies
12 Thrusters with at least 65 lbs for lads; 45 lbs for ladies
30x KB swings (53#/36#)
Row 30 calories
60 second overhead barbell hold (95#/65#)
20x KB swings
Row 20 calories
90 second overhead barbell hold
10x KB swings
Row 10 calories
120 second overhead barbell hold
Ball slam (20#)
- Great workout by everybody yesterday!
- Perform one of the CrossFit Bodyweight Challenges posted on the bulletin board.
- If you must, substitute as required.
- Thanks for understanding my absence yesterday! Had to leave in a hurry for hospital with my Momma!
- Partner WOD – “Roll the Dice” AMRAP 30 min
1- Box Jumps (24/20″)
2- jumping jacks
3- push press with bar
4- Push Ups
5- Sit ups
- 6- first set of stairs (5 reps only)
- 7. partner air squats
- 8. wall balls
- 9. skip ropes (20 reps)
- 10. barbell curls
- 11. landmine press
- 12. slegehammer strikes
Roll both dice and both partners must perform 10 repetitions of the movements rolled.
The following words were penned by a coach at Practice CrossFit
- Acting strong needs mirrors to workout, being strong needs a destination.
- Acting strong needs friends to tell them how great they are, being strong needs friends they can help become great.
- Acting strong looks around after a PR to see who’s watching, being strong puts more weight on.
- Acting strong storms off when things don’t go as planned, being strong controls the brainstorm we all feel, then plans for tomorrow.
- Acting strong is there for whomever is there for them, being strong is always there.
- Acting strong waits to see the outcome, being strong makes the outcome.
- Acting strong needs an entourage, being strong builds a community.
- Acting strong needs applause, being strong needs to make others feel like they are applauded.
- Acting strong is the loudest coward, being strong is quietest fighter.
- Acting strong waits for a better day, being strong lives everyday like its their last.
- Acting strong will give opinions, being strong will hear opinions…and keep going.
- Acting strong will display trophies of themselves, being strong will display trophies of others.
- Acting strong has unending pride, being strong can’t be humble enough.
- Acting strong joins a team so they can play, being strong joins a team so it can win.
- Acting strong interrupts, being strong interprets.
- Acting strong sets standards that value themselves, being strong sets standards that show value in others.
- Acting strong is a burden, being strong carries them.Acting strong needs proof to believe, being strong is the proof others believe in.Acting strong has no weakness, being strong is weakness overcome time and time again.
Strength Training: (taken from CrossFit Afflcition and Westside Barbell)
10 x 1 Rep Deficient Dead Lifts @ 65% w/band standing on 45# plate (60 second rest) – I will explain!
Good Mornings 3 x 12 reps
2 x 100 Meter Farmers Walks 70M/50W
400 Meter Sled Pull 135M/90W (yes – outside)
100 Meter High Bar Prowler for time 180M/90W
100 reps ab work of your choice
Today’s workout is called a “chipper” -you “chip” away at it until you are done.
- 1 handstand hold for as long as possible
- 2 front rolls
- 3burpee pull ups
- 4 stairs with bear crawl down on last one
- 5 ab wheel rollouts
- 6 knees to elbows
- 7 box squats (explosive)
- 8 tire flips
- 9 KB swings with the heaviest weight you can muster
- 10 perfect push ups
- 15 power cleans from the ground at least 1/2 to 3/4 BW
- 20 hard-core pulls on the rower
- 25 sit ups with med ball or weight
- 30 bench hops
- 35 OHS with PVC pipe
- 40 hollow rocks
- 45 second side planks for both right and left sides
- 50 jumping jacks
- 100 skip ropes
Josh Dickie gets the workout update in Whistler:
WOD: best done in a group of three (switch running partners continually)
Two rounds of the following (5 minute rest and water break between rounds)
- while one partner runs the bottom loop of the halls, the other partners do air squats
- switch; and then continue the pattern with the following:
- kb swings
- jumping jacks
- sit ups
- floor press
- mountain climbers
- plank hold
Mr. Dickie’s son, Kyle, gets in on the Stand-up Paddleboard action in Florida!
Two former CPHS grads represent the CrossFit CPHS – CrossFit Squamish connection!