Monthly Archives: September 2012
- starting Wednesday, you must come to class prepared to program your own personal workouts from now unitl the end of the semester
- your program must be goal-centric based on your maximum testing results
- you must incorporate sterngth training with traditional CrossFit met-cons
- 20 % of your final grade comes from your blog a9nd therefore your program)
HOLY RIP! TOMORROW WE HAVE AGAIN FASTER COMING TO CROSSFIT CPHS!!!!
- finish your testing and hand in your sheet
- today is the last day of testing, so you have to finish!
- remember to formulate a workout plan for next week.
- I will finalize details on Monday!
- your plan must be a three day a week strength and conditioning plan
- it must be specific (prescriptive) based on your fitness testing results
- it must be posted to your blog; linked to CrossFit CPHS blog; and it must be followed
- You have two days left to get through your testing!
- Please use today’s time wisely!
- Remember to get your blog organized on: www.wordpress.com
- send me the address on the “comment” page at the bottom of this post
- thanks to all those people who gave their time and money to the Terry Fox legacy!
- continue pushing your limits with your Fitness Testing!
- This week you will establish your Fitness Benchmarks by completing all of the fitness tests found on the Fitness Testing Master sheet
- The tests, for the most part, are similar to those found on our website’s CPHS Fitness Standards PDF (there are a few exceptions)
- You must get through all tests by the end of Friday. Use your time efficiently. You do not have to time to dawdle, talk, idle or otherwise waste time
- If you have specific injuries, please speak to me. If you miss a class, you will need to use MSIP time to catch up. After school, or at lunch, are also optional catch-up times
- Remember: next week we will start Personal programming. You must have a program and your Blog in order by next Monday!
- rubber bands
- bench press
- Atlas Stone Lifts
WOD: 3 rounds of the following
- 10 bench press
- 10 supine bar rows
- 5 Atlas Stone lifts to shoulder
then: 3 rounds of the following
- 10 back squats
- 10 rear delt raises
- 10 tricep pushdowns
The Spice Must Flow
10x Push-press (1/2 bw)
15x Hang power clean (3/4 bw)
20x Back squats (bw)
25x Deadlift (1.5x bw)
25x Box jumps (24 inch)
Row (2x your age in calories)
40x DB push press (40#/30#)
40x Squat jumps
40x Sumo deadlift high pull (75#/55#)
40x Thrusters (45#)
40x Broad jumps
40x Hand to hand KB swings (53#/36#)
40x Star jumps
400x Jump rope singles
The Big Dirty
All lifts performed with empty 45# bar
Run 40om (use track or run around school outside once)
40x Back squats
40x Front squats
40x Overhead squats
40x Shoulder press
40x Push press
40x Push jerks
40x Hang power cleans
40x Hang power snatch
CHOICE # 4:
20x Thrusters (75#)
20x KB swings (53#)
20x Box jumps (24 inch)
20x Box jumps
Because the world told you to? Because not everything worked out the exact way you planned it the first time? Because people convinced you that dreams were for children and idiots?
Ignore that noise. The audible world is full of grown babies crying because they did not get all the toys they wanted. Don’t listen to them. Listen to your own voice instead. It always knew you better than any of those naysayers anyhow.
Dream. Even better than that: dream big. Then, be brave and work your way to a glorious life.
(Image courtesy of Nicole Bedard Photography.)
- 1 minute squat test
- Snatch balance
- wall walks
WOD: 3 rounds (not for time)
- 5 Hang Snatches
- 5 thrusters
- 5 hand release push-ups
- work on Snatch Balances
- walll walks
- handstand push-ups
- 3 Bear Complexes