Monthly Archives: January 2014
- The gym will only be open from 10:30 to 12:00
- WOD will be posted when you get here:)
- Coach Everett Sloan (owner and Head Coach of CrossFit Bytown) rocks a DicFit t-shirt…
- …. and does 305 x 8 Front Squats….
- 4 sets of 8 reps of Back Squats @ 80% of your max
- 2 minutes rest between each set
- 10 Strict Pull ups
- Front Squats with 50% of max
- Farmer’s Carry with at least BW (start with one length and back of hallway (2 lengths); 2nd round do 3 lengths; 3rd do 4 and so forth)
- Sit ups
- tabata row
- spend 8 minutes working up to a heavy back jerk
- HIgh Pulls from blocks:
- 5 sets of 2 (add weight each time)
- 5 sets of 1 (add weight each time)
15-12-9-6-3 of the following:
- Deadlift 225
- Goblet Squat
- KB Swings
- Hand-Release Push ups
- 50 Hollow Rocks
- 20 Back Extensions on GHD
- The gym will be open as often as possible.
- Find me or Miss Read and check with us as to our schedules
- I will not be available to open gym Monday morning as I have an exam to supervise.
- WODs will be available, and I will post them on back wall.
- the gym will be open most of the day (except between 11:20 and 12:00)
- come in and finish off your Testing if you so desire
- or – I will have a WOD for anyone who wants one
- today is the first day of the rest of your training life… keep moving forward after all of the hard work you have put into your training!
- some of you people need to do Fran today!
- Jack did it in 3:36 with 95# – this was a PR by 1:19!
“He who lives without discipline dies without honor.” ~Icelandic Proverb
“There is never a traffic jam created from people going the extra mile.” ~Jeff Dixon
- Well, folks, today is the last day of the course:(
- Finish up your Final testing items and hand in your completed sheets.
- The gym will be open throughout exams for the most part depending on the usual situations such as : whether the gym is in use by Intermediates; whether Coach Dickie or Read are available; and so forth.
- Miss Read and I would like to thank those of you who faithfully attended, chased and achieved you goals, and participated with a willing and desirous spirit!
- Carina Hoschgeschurz crushed her Front Squat PR and upped her Max to 160#!
- Nicole Bradshaw Overhead Squatted 125#; Breanna Reid did 120#!
- Jerrett Baldwin Deadlifted 300# at a BW of 140#!
- It had been a PR party for everyone…
“Ten Minute Capacity Test”
For Max Reps (or Calories):
- 4 minutes of Rowing (for Calories)
- Rest 1 minute
- 3 Minutes of Pull-Ups
- Rest 1 minute
- 2 Minutes of Bodyweight Back Squat (3/4 Bodyweight Back Squats for Females) (weight can be scaled) (the barbell may begin from a rack during this portion of the test)
- Rest 1 minute
- 1 Minute of 135/95 lb. Shoulder to Overhead (weight can be scaled) (the barbell must originate from the ground to begin your set – you may not use a rack at any point during this 60 seconds)
Finish any Bodyweight or Strength Tests that you have not completed.
- People continue to amaze with their PRs…
- Kevin Fraser Clean and Jerked 220# to crush his former PR by 50# from the end of September!!
- Nicole Bradshaw Snatched (easily) 100#!
- On Friday, Cayla Anderson annihilated her Deadlift PR with a pull of 275#!
- More to follow…
The above machine is called a Concept 2 Ski Erg…
- One is being delivered to CrossFit CPHS within a few weeks…
- It is a much fun as a rower and the AirDyne combined!
- Front or Back Squat (whatever you didn’t do last week)
- completion of any test items that you have not finished
- The number of impressive Deadlift PRs on Friday are too many to elaborate upon here – exceptional results by all athletes!
- With 4 days remaining, it is imperative that people use their time wisely
- Everyone must complete the two testing items for today – no options!
- 1 rep max Clean and Jerk
- We will then do 2 waves of :
- Again, another exceptional day of PRs with the Strict Shoulder Press and Push Press!
- Today we are attacking our Deadlift max – proceed with care!
- Keep your core tight; set up well; protect your back; pull as you have in training – mechanics are key!
- 1 rep max Deadlift
- continue to finish off the list