Monthly Archives: March 2014
- 3 sets of 5 Cleans @ 75%, 80% and 85% of your Training Max
5 rounds of the following:
3 minute AMRAP of the following:
- 3 Power Cleans @ 60% of your Clean
- 6 Push Ups
- 9 Air Squats
- 1 minute rest between rounds
- CrossFit CPHS was very busy over the March Break ….
- I was fortunate to have a spirited group of Cyclone Hockey players come in and do some CrossFit Kids stuff – they had plenty of energy and enthusiasm! The future for CPHS looks very promising!
- we are starting our Wendler 5/3/1 program today!
- take 90% of your Bench Press Max and record it as your “Training Max”
- all of your percentages will be based on that number
- 3 sets of 5 Bench Press @ 75%, 80% and 85% of your Training Max
- 3 sets of 8 Pendlay Rows (heavier each set)
Partner Workout: only one person working at a time:
- 50 Med Ball Cleans
- 50 Jumping Pull Ups
- 50 KB Swings
- 50 Lunge Steps
- 50 Toes to Bar or Knees Up
- 50 Push Press 65/45
- 50 Barbell Rows 65/45
- 50 Wall Ball
- 50 Burpees
- 50 Double Unders (no singles)
- I can honestly say that everyone has taken their Testing very seriously!
- Exceptional effort and results already!
- When we return from the Break, we will be using our Strength Testing numbers to generate our 5/3/1 poundages for Bench Press, Clean, Squats, Strict Shoulder Press and Deadlift.
- I will create a master spreadsheet that people can use to print off their workout numbers for the first 4 week cycle.
- Click on Journal Articles at the top of our Blog and scroll down to the last item: Wendler 5/3/1 Manual. Click on the hyperlink and read it!
- this is the last Testing item from our list
- go as hard as you can on this
- again – full-range motion is necessary
- if you have a Strength item to finish, do it before the workout
- I will provide some skills to work on when you are done the test (and have had some rest)
- the RX’d weight is 135/95
- don’t worry!! We are using 105/65 for our class testing session
- anyone who has not completed their Strength Testing items should complete their item prior to Grace
EMOM for as long as possible:
- 8 deadlifts (135/95)
- 8 box jumps
- 8 pushups
When you can’t do it on the minute anymore, continue with AMRAP pushups and box jumps for five more minutes.
(adapted from catalystgym.com)
- spend 15 minutes establishing a 1 rep max Front Squat
- rest for 5 to 10 minutes
- perform “Fran”
- 21 Thrusters 65/45
- 21 Pull Ups
- 15 Thrusters
- 15 Pull Ups
- 9 Thrusters
- 9 Pull Ups