Monthly Archives: June 2014
- Sorry, folks, but I am roofing on Monday:(
- I will open gym on Tuesday, but it will be in the morning around 8:00 am
- I will open Wednesday as well
To be determined….
“Six by Six”
6 rounds of the following:
- 6 HSPUs
- 6 Thrusters 115/65
- 6 Knees To Elbows
- 6 Burpees
- 6 KB Swings
- 6 Pull Ups
5 rounds of:
- 20 DUs
- 20 Sit Ups
- 50 Band Rows – slow and controlled (hold for a full 2 second count at top)
- If you wish to work out, come find me in the weight room or in my PE office.
STRENGTH Met-Con WOD:
This is taken from the main page of CrossFit HQ from yesterday:
WE can easily modify this to make it more practical and appropriate based on your strength levels….
Body-weight back-squat ladder
Rest 5 minutes
3/4 body-weight push-press ladder
Rest 5 minutes
1 1/2 body-weight deadlift ladder
For the ladder pattern, perform one rep the first minute, two reps the second minute, three reps the third minute, continuing as long as you are able. Use as many sets each minute as needed
- The weight room will be open most of the school day…
- If you can’t find me, I will be in Learning Commons supervising exams.
Consider the following expert advice from Zach Erik, a coach at one of my coaching idols’ gym (CJ Martin of CrossFit Invictus), and after you have read the article and watched the videos, get down to business.
This workout is shared from CrossFit Invictus (and they modified it from OPT)
- take 15 minutes to build to a heavy 1 rep Power Clean
In 12 minutes, complete as many ladders as possible from 1 to 5 reps of Hang Power Clean, with approximately 75% of your 1-RM Power Clean
(Example – Perform 1 Hang Power Clean, drop the barbell and rest as needed; then perform 2 Hang Power Cleans, drop the bar and rest as needed; then perform 3 Hang Power Cleans, drop the bar and rest as needed; etc…up to 5 Hang Power Cleans, then start again at 1. If you drop the barbell before you achieve the designated number of reps in that set, you must begin that set over – i.e., if you drop the bar on your fourth attempt of your set of 5, you must begin the set of 5 again from 0.)
- Sorry, folks, but I have meetings all day in Perth.
- Mr. Bell will not be around either, so the gym will have to remain closed.
- For those of you who didn’t take advantage of the weight room today, consider that these gals did after they wrote an exam…
- For those of you who wish to work out, please come see me in the weight room or in my PE office
- A WOD will be posted on the wall
- Check in with me every day until Friday – Commencement is on Friday, so the workouts will have to be completed by 11:30 am
- Strict Press/Push Press/Push Jerk/Behind the Neck Split Jerk complex
- EMOM for 10 minutes (heavier each round)
“Lumberjack 20 Lite”:
20 Deadlifts 225/135 (275 is Rx)
Run 250m (400m is Rx)
20 KB swings
20 Overhead Squats 95/55 (115 is Rx)
20 Pullups (Chest to Bar is Rx)
20 Box jumps
20 DB Squat Cleans 45/25
- 3 sets of 8 Rear Delt Flyes
- Everyone says it, but it is true, life moves quickly…. the end of another semester has come!
- For those of you who put all of your focus, energy and heart into each and every learning and lifting opportunity, I know that you understand why CrossFit works:) I sincerely hope that you will move forward with the knowledge, skills and desire to live a healthy and rewarding lifestyle. You have the tools to be as good as you want to be!
- The weight room will be open most of the time during exams – when I am in a meeting, or covering an exam, it will be closed.
- During the summer, it will be open based on my roofing, grandparenting and travel schedule
- Check the blog!!
Today, you are welcome to finish up any testing items you did not complete (or you wish to re-do)
Classes are a little shorter today.
- FRANtastic effort by every single participant in class!!
- people crushed their previous Fran times even with heavier loads for the Thrusters!
CPHS Alumni and CrossFit Regional Games competitor Andrew Slater is paying a visit to CrossFit CPHS at 2:30 on Wednesday – stick around and say hello!
- Maverick brought an important fact to the Coach’s attention by pointing out that performances on Thursday may be somewhat lackluster due to poor sleep levels the night before, so…
- Today, you may do either:
20 minute AMRAP of:
- 5 Pull Ups
- 10 Push Ups
- 15 Air Squats
“Bring Sally Up”
- Back Squats with 135/95 (scale accordingly)
- you know the song…
- Leslee Brown rockin’ a DicFit t-shirt as she discovers the West Coast
- The number of people who had PRs on both their Clean and Jerk and Grace was unfathomable!
- The fastest Grace time as Rx’d was 3:08 by Steve Hanzidiakou; the fastest women’s time as Rx’d was 3:25 by Caroline Phillips.
- Congratulations to all athletes who used heavier loads for Grace and still went faster than 15 weeks ago.
- establish a 1 rep Max Thruster, and then…
- We are doing Fran
- Thrusters 95/65 (scale is 65/45)
- Pull Ups
After you recover from Fran lung, complete any tests you have not had the chance to finish
- Well, folks, we are down to the last four days of the course….
- This week we will finish with some classic CrossFit challenges\
- You may re-do some of your Strength Tests if you wish, but you must complete the WODs first
- Establish a 1 reps Max Clean and Jerk
- perform Grace
- 30 Clean and Jerks for time (135/95 Rx)
- the scale is 105/65 (or 65% of your Max)